Twitter announced on Tuesday that it had limited Donald Trump junior’s ability to tweet from his account for 12 hours.
The measure comes after Trump junior had to remove a message that violated the social media site’s policy regarding coronavirus disinformation.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s oldest son posted a tweet since then with a video of doctors talking about the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and the effects it would have on corona patients.
The video was posted on Facebook and YouTube by others and was removed for violating those sites’ Covid-19 misinformation rules. That happened after the footage collected tens of millions of views.
The U.S. drug watchdog FDA revoked permission to use hydroxychloroquine in an emergency with the coronavirus last month after several studies had questioned its effectiveness. The president regularly promoted the drug and said he had used it himself.
“They censor my account. They censor others,” said Donald Trump Jr. Tuesday in an interview with Fox News. “This never happens when someone says something that suits the left.
It only hurts conservatives,” he said, adding that he posted the video because it “seemed to go against the story that they force-fed us.”
President Trump retweeted a message on Monday with a link to the misleading video, which was also removed as part of Twitter’s enforcement actions.
The president also retweeted a post accusing Anthony Fauci, the infectious disease expert of the country, of suppressing the use of hydroxychloroquine.